The 2019 Novena to St. Joseph will begin on Monday, September 9 and continue for nine consecutive Mondays through November.
This year, the novena includes three lay women giving reflections on the scriptures; I will be one of them, along with Jo Massarelli and Lynda Young-Sorrenti. Fr. John Gavin, SJ will be returning and, of course, Msgr. Tom Sullivan.
All are welcome to participate in this annual novena especially as there are strong indications that proponents of physician-assisted suicide will attempt to make this law in Massachusetts either by the passage of a bill in the legislature or another statewide ballot referendum in 2020.
We pray this novena to St. Joseph–the foster father of Jesus and the patron of a happy death–for the seriously and terminally ill, and to stop doctor-prescribed suicide. The Homilists for 2019 are:
- Msgr. Thomas Sullivan (Sept. 9)
- Msgr. James P. Moroney (Sept. 16)
- Msgr. F. Stephen Pedone (Sept. 23)
- Mrs. Kris Correira (Sept. 30)
- Rev. Walter Riley (Oct. 7)
- Rev. John Gavin, SJ (Oct. 14)
- ‘Jo’ Massarelli (Oct. 21)
- Dr. Lynda Young-Sorrenti (Oct. 28)
- Msgr. Thomas Sullivan (Nov. 4)